cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP iPAQ 5450 with Windows Mobile 2003 802.1x and certificates.......

This maybe a bit off topic but I am struggling trying to get some answers out of HP.

We have some HP iPAQ 5450/5550's all running Windows Mobile 2003 - to use 802.1x Authentication with PEAP or TLS-EAP we need certificates installing on the PocketPCs. We have a Windows 2000 Active-Directory integrated Certificate Authority that publishes certificates to W2K machines OK - initially HP didn't include any way of importing Certificates but have released the SDK Certificate Enrolment Tool (enroll.exe). We have tried for several days to get a certificate but to no avail and we are struggling to find any information out. Has anyone on here managed this? If so how?

Thanks

Andy

4 Replies 4

pradeepde
Level 5
Level 5

Check out the following document which talks about the installation of certificates:

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/sqsw/sq/tech/acstl_wp.htm

Good article but it didn't help me with what I was attempting - I have a pretty good understanding of CA's and PKI, my problem was down to Windows CE Software Applications...... I managed to get this working by dort of debugging the application and the CA I was trying to use.

Andy

Andrew,

Could you provide some additonal info on how you got your scenario working? We have just went to 802.1x and a few IPAQ's running CE 2003 that need to communicate wireless.

Specific questions would be:

-- Specifically where do you get an enrollment utility?

-- Do you know how to configure if you are using EAP/TLS with MS Enterprise Certificate Services (in which all the wireless machines are joined to the ad domain)?

Obviously the WindowsCE devices can't be 'members' of the domain as they would need W2K to do that (create a computer account etc). The enrollment tool is available from HP's website (software & drivers etc). Once I installed the enroll.exe tool I modified the enroll.cfg file to request a 'computer' certificate from my CA, this is now installed and appears in 'Settings, System, Certificates'. I have yet to actually test this with a Cisco AP as I just can't get my hands on one.......

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card