Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HREAP Issue

I am having an issue that when I convert an AP to HREAP mode from local mode, the local client never reconnects.  When in local mode, the Motorola handheld connects to the controller and gets authenticated.  As soon as I convert it to HREAP, the handheld disappears, and never shows up on the controller again.  The device has a local static address in the same subnet as the AP.  Why would I loose a client with this basic conversion?

There are firewalls in the path, but that should not have anything to do with it working while local, and not when in HREAP.  Please correct my assumptions if they are wrong.

3 REPLIES
Bronze

Hello Jvasilko,Have you tried

Hello Jvasilko,

Have you tried using any client other than Motorola?
Did you have the same problem with clients from other vendors?

If not, give it a try and share the results.

Thanks.

Gold

Hello Jvasilko,  check with

Hello Jvasilko,

check with maiilyas, if it not works this may be a BUG,

HREAP AP in standalone does not allow associations if rebooted
CSCsy23377

Symptom:
An HREAP AP in standalone mode is servicing clients is rebooted, clients cannot re-associate to it when it comes back up.

Conditions: HREAP AP is in standalone mode with clients associated and working. This AP is rebooted. Clients cannot re-associate

Tested and failed in 5.2.157.0 and 5.2.178.0
Tested and works in 5.1.163.0

Workaround:

None
Known Affected Releases:
(1)
5.2(178.0)
Known Fixed Releases:
(1)
12.4(18a)JA2

Sorry guys, I was out on

Sorry guys, I was out on vacation for a while.  I found the issue and it was a setting on the WLAN.  I had inadvertently clicked the HREAP local auth button on the WLAN, once I unchecked this box, everything started to work.  Thanks for your suggestions and time to respond.

Views
Helpful
Replies