Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

HTTPS access over WAN, not happening

Not sure where to look on this yet. Customer has a connection overseas that has AP's in produciton joined to a 2504 in the states. From every location he is able to access the WLC GUI except from this one location, yet from his hotel over wirelees VPN connection he can access it no problem.  Not even sure where to start with this one.  The wireless is working fine at that site too.

8 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: HTTPS access over WAN, not happening

seems to be a route problem. Check the routing between 2 sites.

Can he ping the wlc management ip?

Regards

Routing is fine, he can ping it, and if it were a routing issue none of the AP's would be working. Its an oddball for sure. I can ssh to the CLI from that location.

VIP Purple

check out this doc:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-4779

As Stephen told you, if he is trying to access via wirelss then use this command via cli:

config network mgmt-via-wireless enable

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

VIP Purple

Can you paste the output of this command:

(Cisco Controller) >show network summary

webmode or secure web mode(one must be enabled on WLC)

Regards

He is trying to attach via wireless on an AP attached to the WLC?

If so, you need to enable mgt over wireless ..

mgt.png

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

It is enabled, however, he tried on both wired and wireless.  He can acecss if from the other 4 locations over wireless as well, its just this one site that he cant access it.

Let me try something from that site, and I will get that other thing mentioned above.

Yea its not mgt enable. Has to be soemthing outside of the WLC. No ACLs on the WLC blocking access?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Gold

Have you checked if there is a firewall in-between these sites?May be the firewall which is blocking https access. May be you could try enabling web service on a laptop or pc and try accessing this from remote location to prove this is not wlc issue

Regards

Najaf

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Views
Helpful
Replies