cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

i can't get my wlse to discover anything...

rmiles
Level 1
Level 1

originally i had wlse 1.3.1 and 1220s, 340s, and 350s. i got the wlse to discover all of the ap's and i was a happy man.

now i have upgraded my 1220s to IOS. the 340s and 350s haven't changed. and i upgraded the wlse to 2.0. now i can't discover anything. i get snmp unreachable to everything i try as a seed device. i have set the snmp strings correctly.

what is going on?

thanks

--ryan

6 Replies 6

rmushtaq
Level 8
Level 8

Per: http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/rtrmgmt/cwparent/cw_1105/wlse/2_0/wlsesdt.htm

Only 1210 and 1230 running IOS are listed as supported. Therefore 1220 running IOS is not supported. Though 1220 running VxWorks is listed as supported.

thanks. i found that link yesterday.

this still doesn't answer why i can't discover my 340s, 350s, and 1220s with vxworks though.

To add further to my earlier comments, when you convert a VxWorks 1200 to IOS, the sysObjectID becomes "1.3.6.1.4.1.9.1.525" which is the one for 1210/1230 models.

As for the above, under Administration->Connectivity Tools, enter the ip address of one of the above AP and click on SNMP Reachable and see what it returns. If it returns the sysObjectID back, then WLSE can reach this AP via SNMP. If it times out, then there's a SNMP connectivity issue here.

success. i decided to delete the snmp strings from the wlse and re-enter them. now it discovered everything.

now i need to figure out why it put 18 of the 1220s in the "Misconfigured Device" list. 76 other 1220s were placed in the correct list. the wlse doesn't give me a clue as to what is "misconfigured" either?

It's in the on-line help. Misconfigured Devices group contains IOS APs that do not have an ISO view configured on them. You can create this from the device CLI or using WLSE. Doing this via CLI need the commands in the order listed:

snmp-server view iso iso included

snmp-server community view iso RO

snmp-server community RW

Devices that do not have an ISO view will be placed in the Misconfigured Devices system group after discovery and fault will be generated. The fault refers to a dot11mib problem.

done. thanks!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card