Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

implementing HREAP over WLAN

Gday All,

Trying to implement HREAP over WAN between main and remote site. The WLC4402 is on main site. There will be a secondary DHCP at the remote site. Does the switch at the remote site any preparation?

Thank You,

Shankar Pariyar

Everyone's tags (2)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

have you already configured the AP for HREAP and the native VLAN?

if you have, then you only need to make the switchport a trunk, with the correct native vlan set.  you should aslo prune the VLAN that do not need to be allowed to the wireless users.

If you havn't configured the AP yet.

You can have the AP be on a trunk port, with the native VLAN set, as the AP won't be sending a tag at this point.  Once the AP joins, change the mode to HREAP, set the native VLAN. 

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: implementing HREAP over WLAN

Just to add to Steve's post. Here is a link describing if you should configure the switchport as a trunk port or not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#Trunk

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
4 REPLIES

have you already configured the AP for HREAP and the native VLAN?

if you have, then you only need to make the switchport a trunk, with the correct native vlan set.  you should aslo prune the VLAN that do not need to be allowed to the wireless users.

If you havn't configured the AP yet.

You can have the AP be on a trunk port, with the native VLAN set, as the AP won't be sending a tag at this point.  Once the AP joins, change the mode to HREAP, set the native VLAN. 

HTH,

Steve

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to rate helpful posts or to mark the question as answered so that it can be found later.

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

thanx Steve.

Can I just add one more info, the APs are LightweightAPs. Does it change anything?

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: implementing HREAP over WLAN

Just to add to Steve's post. Here is a link describing if you should configure the switchport as a trunk port or not.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps10315/products_tech_note09186a0080736123.shtml#Trunk

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanx ScottFella, I was reading the same doco too. Will let you know how I go.

Cheers!!

Views
Helpful
Replies