Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Information of Market Ranking by Performance in the Networking Management System

Hi all :

I used CiscoWorks and have tried Whatsup Gold before. The other well known software are SolarWinds and IBM Tivoli also often come to me from time to time.

Do anyone can help to provide information of Reliable Market Ranking by performance in all these above mentioned management software?

The information can be a link in the web or any report you have in this recent days.

The reason I ask this is because my client here wants to implement a management system which can monitor the networking devices as well as servers and workstation. The network devices here are Cisco Firewalls, Cisco Switches and Routers, 3Com Switches, Hp Switches, Alcatel and Enterasys switches. The servers and workstations my client has are Dell, IBM and Hp. Most of the servers here are from Dell.

From my knowledge, based on the same node number, IBM Tivoli is most expensive and the Solarwind is the cheapest compared to others (exclude CiscoWorks).

The problem on using IBM Tivoli is it can under use the management system for paying something unnecessary. Moreover it is more for server and workstation (of course it has networking devices section) but i doubt it can support some less popolar switches like Alcatel and Enterasys switches.

My client has bad impression on Solarwinds becuase he heard some bad performance result from other company. Although it is cheaper but the problem is hard to change his influence from other company. My recommendation to him is Whatsup Gold but he want to have market ranking on this Whatsup Gold so that he can purchase it peace of mind.

Anyone can help me on this? The request on this is open and I will submit to my client for his final decision.

Many thanks!

regards,

tangsuan

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content