Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

IOS conversion from VxWorks 12.03

I have heard a rumor that you can not update to IOS from VxWorks 12.03. YOu have to go back down to 12.02 and then upgrade from there......Does this rumor have any merit?

Thanks

5 REPLIES

Re: IOS conversion from VxWorks 12.03

No.

I upgraded from 12.03T to IOS. You just need to make sure to use the IOS upgrade image.

There is merit to the rumor. Cisco does not recommend performing an IOS conversion on a 12.03T VxWorks AP because of a problem with the flash overwrite. It's possible that the conversion may be successful, but there is a chance of it resulting in a non-recoverable situation.

I had not heard of that situation. I upgraded 118 access points using this procedure and never had a problem. I guess I am lucky.

By the way Terry, I think we have spoken before. I believe you were involved with our company's site survey last year.

You have to go back down. I trashed 3 ap350 and 1 1200 before I realized that it does not work. When you download the cactool v2 there is a read me that say that it does not work.

When all else fails read the directions.

Tom Ross

Hmmm...I did a 350 with 12.03T...but I did not use the upgrade image...used the regular image, and just reconfig'd it from scratch.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content