cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IOS conversion from VxWorks 12.03

c.tenley
Level 1
Level 1

I have heard a rumor that you can not update to IOS from VxWorks 12.03. YOu have to go back down to 12.02 and then upgrade from there......Does this rumor have any merit?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

rmiles
Level 1
Level 1

No.

I upgraded from 12.03T to IOS. You just need to make sure to use the IOS upgrade image.

kkulp
Level 1
Level 1

There is merit to the rumor. Cisco does not recommend performing an IOS conversion on a 12.03T VxWorks AP because of a problem with the flash overwrite. It's possible that the conversion may be successful, but there is a chance of it resulting in a non-recoverable situation.

I had not heard of that situation. I upgraded 118 access points using this procedure and never had a problem. I guess I am lucky.

By the way Terry, I think we have spoken before. I believe you were involved with our company's site survey last year.

tcross3
Level 1
Level 1

You have to go back down. I trashed 3 ap350 and 1 1200 before I realized that it does not work. When you download the cactool v2 there is a read me that say that it does not work.

When all else fails read the directions.

Tom Ross

Hmmm...I did a 350 with 12.03T...but I did not use the upgrade image...used the regular image, and just reconfig'd it from scratch.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card