Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ip camera network security

i have a network of 3 camera connected to DVR (SAMSUNG) and the DVR is connected to 4G modem and and 4g modem to internet. So only i should access the video walls from my iphone or other smart devices and np other person should access it. So what i need is how can i secure my network from remote user access.

When i checked the internet i found a cisco wireless-N vpn firewall RV110W. So i need to know is it enough to secure my network from remote access? In that case how can i filter a malicious user from entering the network?

3 CAMERAS----------DVR---------4G MODEM  [this is the present topology]

3 CAMERAS----------DVR-----CISCO WIRELESS-N VPN FIREWALL----4G MODEM  [this is the topology which i need the solution].

Finally i need to know whether i can block attackers with smart phones by mac filtering. is it possible?

Everyone's tags (1)
1 REPLY
Cisco Employee

I am not familiar with that

I am not familiar with that particular model of Cisco Firewall as I have mainly worked with ASAs. With most firewalls out there you can setup ACLs (Access Control Lists) that can block and allow different types of traffic.

If you have an ASA and run int transparent mode, you can apply access control lists based on the L2 (MAC) address.

I would also check the DVR application itself and see if you can set some restrictions/security from there directly.

I hope this helps!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Thank you for rating helpful posts!
Views
Helpful
Replies