Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPad/iPhone can't connect via Web Authentication

The web auth page comes up but as soon as the user hits Submit, the following error appears:

Error Opening Page

HotSpot login cannot open the page because the network connection was lost.

I've tried all the suggestions on these forums but none have worked:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/2393270?start=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3184844?start=0&tstart=0

I'm using a Services Ready Engine Service Module in a 2921 router as my WLC. The same iPhones/iPads can connect fine using MAC filtering and WPA2.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: iPad/iPhone can't connect via Web Authentication

You need to modify the buttons. I do a lot of custom pages and I tried to get a little fancy and had the same issue as you. If you load the default I bet it works. Just modify the accept button to the default button.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
10 REPLIES

So is the wlc hosing the splash page and is it a custom splash page?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

The WLC is hosting the page and it is custom.

You need to modify the buttons. I do a lot of custom pages and I tried to get a little fancy and had the same issue as you. If you load the default I bet it works. Just modify the accept button to the default button.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Changed to the default and it worked, just like you said. My programmer said he didn't do anything to the button code though. He did add a checkbox after the statement that once checked, moves the focus to the username box. Could that be it?

It could be... Just remember most programmers only check support for certain browsers. For me it was a custom button I created. The check box needs to be linked in the java script in the code and sent back to the wlc. That might be the reason, because the wlc doesn't know about the check box.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Is your issue ONLY with iphones and ipads or are all devices behaving in this manner?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Seems to be only iPads/iPhones. Laptops all work fine. Not sure about other phones though.

We use the wlc 5508 to connect iPads and iPhones all the time. I had this issue when deploying because of the RADIUS server being on a NIC with multiple IP addresses. I had to set it to point to the primary IP of the RADIUS server in the wlc security settings instead of the NICs secondary.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

The RADIUS server only has one IP on the NIC on the subnet.

Since this works with your other devices, it's not a radius issue, it's your HTML code.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content