cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPAQ's showing as repeaters on 1231's

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to get two iPAQ's (H4155 and H4300) on 1231 WAPs but they are both coming up as repeaters on the WAP. They connect using the SSID and in Cisco ACS using LEAP but there is a difference in ACS with these and some newer iPAQs. The first log entry will be Authen OK but then there will be a few Re-Key OK log entries which we don't get with the newer iPAQ's.

As for the repeater status on the WAPs, it labels the device as "ap1200-Rptr" where as the working iPAQ's say "WGB-Client".

Anyone seen this before or had similar issues you were able to resolve?

1 Reply 1

dkorell
Level 1
Level 1

I did find some other posts about other vendors having problems and to disable the Aironet Extensions. I'm currently using CKIP, CCKM, and forcing power levels for 7920 IP phones which looks like this would no longer work if I did this. I tried it though and it will not disable. I reset a WAP to factory defaults and same thing. I disable, apply changes, and it goes back to enable.

Even if I did get it to save, sounds like I'm out of luck if this is the solution.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card