cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is CISCO AP 1200 mountable on the ceiling ?

I am unable to find any reference to mounting the AP 1200 on the ceiling.

Does anyone know or have any experience

with mounting the AP 1200 on the ceiling.

We need to install about 22 of them all on the ceiling. I would appreciate a quick reply. Thanks in advance.

Seshan

7 Replies 7

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Seshan,

The 1200 AP's can be mounted on the ceiling using the bracket that shipped with the AP's. Have a look at the instructions;

Cisco Aironet 1200 Series Access Point Hardware Installation Guide

Mounting Instructions

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/wireless/ps430/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a0080799bea.html#wp1037789

Hope this helps!

Rob

Please remember to rate helpful posts........

Once again, thank you, Rob.

Seshan

Hi Seshan,

You are most welcome :) Best of luck with your project, it sounds like you have alot of work ahead of you. Make sure you use the locking hasp mechanism to prevent the AP from sliding out of the bracket when mounting on the horizontal.

Take care,

Rob

Chrislevi
Level 1
Level 1

I am using 1200 AP's and found a ceiling tile replacement that works wery well, keeps them secure and makes it easy to access them. Go to sparcotech.com and check out their product. Hope that helps.

If you have a susupended ceiling with T-rails seperating tiles any of the solutions listed in the link sent by Rob will work.

Make sure there is not much clutter in the ceiling, it is always advisable to remove the ceiling tile and replace it with housing for AP as Chris is suggesting. This way the signal will distribute uniformly and you don't need to worry about flapping rubber duck antennas in the ceiling. You will know where the APs are located and it will look neat too.

HTH

subgenius
Level 1
Level 1

I've mounted these in T-bar suspended ceilings and have had no problems. The T-bar clip was included in the kit (for the 1230, at least).

I have also used the aluminum bracket to mount them to a harder ceiling, again with no problems.

After doing this, make sure you adjust the antennae correctly (quick site re-survey).

Thanks to everyone who responded. We have now revised our plans to mount them on the walls. I found information on the mouting bracket.

It is AIR-AP1200MTNGKIT=.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card