Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Is this possible?

I have a Cisco Aironet 350 PCI card and internet connection via a cable from an antenna on my roof (wich is pointed to a public accesspoint in my neighbourhood). In the same computer I also have an ordinary 3Com ethernet card. Is it possible to connect to a router via the ethernetcard, and then via the router to a second computer and a network printer? I want to share internet connectivity and the printer between my two computers.

I hope you understand my question! Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY

Re: Is this possible?

I don't believe a router is what you want to use here, you'd be better off having a simple hub or switch and simply use Internet Connection Sharing (I'm assuming your running a version of Windows on the machine). Have your machine be the "router" for the other systems in other words.

Even better would be to install a wireless router/switch and let it do all the work. There are quite a few good ones on the market. Then the other systems wouldn't be dependant on the one with the 350 PCI card being on for gaining access to the internet and/or printer...

Views
Helpful
Replies