Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE 1.2 Patch 12

stephendrkw
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

I upgraded from ISE 1.2 patch 6 to 1.2 patch 12 to fix an ISE portal bug over the weekend.

None of my Guest Wireless users are complaining, authentication is working fine. But the below error is appearing for every Guest user session under ISE/Operations/Live Authentications.

"5441 Endpoint started new session while the packet of previous session is being processed. Dropping new session"

Is anyone aware of a bug possibly and I guess you need to upgrade to 1.3.x

I would've thought Cisco would bring out a fix for this in 1.2.x....maybe patch 13 (new bug?)

Any info out there about 5441 before I log a TAC?????

Thanks.

16 Replies 16

Hi i got the information about the bug id from TAC. Here is the part of the communication :

This has been confirmed that you hit CSCur35455 - Too many accounting request are dropped with message 5441.
This is fixed in patch 13 that is due end of december. I have made this bug customer visible, so it should be found in Cisco's bug toolkit in a couple of days.

Then YES, its BugID CSCur35455.

TC.

Hi Bastien, I upgraded recently my deployment to version 1.2.1.198 patch 3 and I saw the following error message as well:

5440 Endpoint abandoned EAP session and started new

Did you get any information from TACÉ

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card