Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

ISE and Anchor WLCs?

Hi All,

I'm trying to put together a Guest WLAN setup and want to know the best approach.

If I use ISE for Guest portal/access control do I still have the standard setup of Anchor WLCs in DMZ for the guest WLANs?

Or does the ISE tell the internal WLC's to place the allowed guest users onto a guest VLAN accessible to the internal WLCs?

Do I lose anything with ISE compared to the old WCS/WLC guest portal methods?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Brendan

3 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: ISE and Anchor WLCs?

Brendan,

From my experience you still should use a dmz guest anchor controller. The only difference is the ports you will need to open on the FW between the guest anchor and ISE. Now you can still do this without a guest anchor if there isn't an existing one or one not planned for.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

ISE and Anchor WLCs?

Thanks Scott, have you seen any documentation around this?  Or is it still that the traditional setups don't need to be modified much to work with ISE?

Brendan

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: ISE and Anchor WLCs?

There are few documentations if any. I know that there is a video on one of these mobility forums regarding setup for ISE. The only difference is the redirect that has to take place and the pre-auth acl's that you need to define on the WLC for webauth to work with ISE.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content