cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue installing a SSL certificate on WLC

mmartinez
Level 1
Level 1

I have a certificate obtained from verisign for logging in a wireless campus network, and I'm installing it via TFTP to the WLC. At the end of the transference appear the next message

"TFTP WPS Signature file transfer starting.

TFTP receive complete... updating WPS signatures.

Error in signature file. Please check message log"

In WLC log files apears the next issues:

Thu Mar 12 15:39:55 2009 [ERROR] sig.c 758: ERROR reading revision number from new signature file

Thu Mar 12 15:39:55 2009 [ERROR] sig.c 531: ERROR parsing revision number

Thu Mar 12 15:39:55 2009 [ERROR] sig.c 459: ERROR: No value specified for token Bag Attributes

But I don't know what excactly that means, and how can I fix it.

For doing this work I followed a Cisco Guide for this approach, using the OpenSSL program.

6 Replies 6

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

To configures SSL certificates, use the config certificate command.

config certificate {generate {webadmin | webauth} | compatibility {on | off}}

Where generate {webadmin | webauth} Generates a new web administration certificate or a a new web authentication certificate.

compatibility {on | off} Enables or disables compatibility mode for inter-Cisco Wireless LAN controller ipsec

I fixed the last issue, but now the certificate is already in the WLC but is not installed, the log file says:

Fri Mar 20 10:33:11 2009 [ERROR] sig.c 758: ERROR reading revision number from new signature file

Fri Mar 20 10:33:11 2009 [ERROR] sig.c 531: ERROR parsing revision number

Fri Mar 20 10:33:11 2009 [ERROR] sig.c 459: ERROR: No value specified for token

The compatibility is on. The file is .crt for testing i've changed for .cer and .pem but any of them has been successful

In addition appears this lines, I think this is the real problem

Fri Mar 20 10:57:51 2009 [ERROR] updcode.c 777: 1 returned from ssh add function

Fri Mar 20 10:57:51 2009 [ERROR] sshpmcert.c 4257: unable to extract private key for webauth cert

Fri Mar 20 10:57:51 2009 [ERROR] sshpmcert.c 3750: SSHPM: failed to decode private key

No news?

We have the same issue here : unable to extract private key...

Thanks,

This either a wrong key you entered when importing the certificate or a malformed certificate.

I fixed this once with OpenSSL by exporting the pem certificate back to pkcs12 format and then again to pem, regenerating the key shared secret and it worked.

If having trouble with that, I'd suggest opening a TAC case to get help.

Nicolas

===

Please rate answers that you find useful

Make sure you don't use OpenSSL v1.0.  Use v9.8o light... v1.0 will give you that error you are seeing.

http://www.slproweb.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card