Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

LAG on WLC5508

Hello guys

i have a wlc 5508 , and i want to enable LAG, but i want to connect 4 ports in one module and the rest 4 ports in another module,

for example

Gigabitethernet1/45 - 1/48

Gigabitethernet3/10 - 3/13

both modules in the same core switch (6506) obviously using the same port channel , so at the end i would have redundancy between modules for when a module fails.

the question is, can this be done?

or all the 8 ports needs to connect to the same module, ?

i mean 1/40 - 1/47 for example...

Thnks!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

LAG on WLC5508

Luis,

you can split the ports across multiple modules in your switches.  THe only thing you can't do is spli the lag across multiple switches, unless VSS.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
4 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: LAG on WLC5508

If you are running VSS between the two cores you would be able to split the port channel.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

LAG on WLC5508

Luis,

you can split the ports across multiple modules in your switches.  THe only thing you can't do is spli the lag across multiple switches, unless VSS.

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Bronze

LAG on WLC5508

Luis,

You can connect the 8 ports to the two modules if they are stacked modules, which means they under the same management IP. If you want to use two separate switches, then you would must run VSS.

LAG on WLC5508

Thnk you guys,

i'll served a lot your help

greetings !!!

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content