Hi, I have run into an issue with two H-REAP 1142 AP's that have been installed at a remote site. I added them to the controller at the main office and had them up and running. The configured them as H-REAPs with the appropriate VLAN's for the remote site, and had a user confirm H-REAP operation before sending them out. Since they have been installed on site, they have not be able to associate to the controller, although one updates the IP address shown in WCS. I logged into the AP's and they are currently operating in H-REAP mode, so I had some try to connect to them but the AP's returned that the PSK was wrong! So now im stuck. My first thought was to reset the configuration of the AP but I cannot rememeber the debug command that allows the local configuration to be changed/reset even when the local credentials hadnt been changed (so if anyone knows this please post it, its very helpful). In any case here are the log entries I get which dont make sense.
WLC Message Logs *Mar 19 04:51:18.082: %LWAPP-6-CAPWAP_SUPP_VER: spam_lrad.c:1708 Discarding discovery request in LWAPP from AP 04:fe:7f:49:09:90 supporting CAPWAP *Mar 19 04:51:13.616: %LWAPP-6-CAPWAP_SUPP_VER: spam_lrad.c:1708 Discarding discovery request in LWAPP from AP ec:44:76:80:65:a0 supporting CAPWAP
AP (debug capwap client event) *Mar 19 06:30:13.801: %CAPWAP-3-EVENTLOG: Could not discover any MWAR. *Mar 19 06:30:13.801: %CAPWAP-3-EVENTLOG: Starting Discovery. *Mar 19 06:30:13.802: %CAPWAP-3-EVENTLOG: CAPWAP State: Discovery. *Mar 19 06:30:13.802: %CAPWAP-3-EVENTLOG: Could not resolve static gateway not sending discovery request *Mar 19 06:30:13.802: %CAPWAP-3-EVENTLOG: Could not resolve staticgateway Not sending discovery request *Mar 19 06:30:13.802: %CAPWAP-3-EVENTLOG: Could not resolve static gateway Not sending discovery request *Mar 19 06:30:13.802: %CAPWAP-3-EVENTLOG: WTP descriptor: version=100709888 *Mar 19 06:30:13.803: %CAPWAP-3-EVENTLOG: Discovery Request sent to 255.255.255.255 with discovery type set to 0
From these logs, CAPWAP joins are recieved by the controller but it is not accepting them for some reason. I have rebooted the controller a few times with no success.
My issue is that the AP was associated to the controller and has a config so none of the standard commands can be used. I was hopeing someone could remember the debug command to allow full access to the CLI config. I've used it previously to recover a 1510 AP with Cisco.
I think that command was only for the 1522 not any other AP type... I can't remember that command off the top of my head though. If you initially staged that AP local and tested it in h-reap and then deployed it and then it didn't work... well check to make sure your not blocking ports for capwap and make sure the trunk port is set to native vlan. Funny thing is that it looks like the AP can't even resolve the gateway.... so is the ap configured for the remote site or with a configuration from where it was tested?
Like Leo mentioned.... clear the config either by using that command or by deleteing some files in thefflash....becareful though woul might just end up having to tftp the rcv image again:
ERROR!!! Command is disabled
First, check the flash: lap_1131#dir Directory of flash:/
2 -rwx 279 May 09 2008 11:52:20 +00:00 env_vars 4 -rwx 6168 May 09 2008 11:52:20 +00:00 private-multiple-fs 6 drwx 256 May 09 2008 11:49:05 +00:00 c1130-k9w8-mx.124-3g.JA2 5 drwx 128 Mar 01 2002 00:03:43 +00:00 c1130-rcvk9w8-mx
15998976 bytes total (10716672 bytes free)
Then delete the LWAPP image: lap_1131#delete /r /f flash:/c11310-k9w8-mx.124-3g.JA2
Well, it looks like I had run into another 'weird' state for the APs. I had checked the configuration of the APs and concluded that the controller had given the AP a configuration different to what was requested in WCS in terms of the VLAN configuration. I had the switchport trunk configuration match the AP configuration (native VLANs etc) and left it for a while with CAPWAP requests reaching the controller and no association occuring. Changed the native VLAN to the one set for the WLAN (in the H-REAP settings, but not the requested native vlan) and left it for a few hours. To my amazement the AP had connected to the controller and updated the configuration. I have since updated the configuration and everything is working fine.
I may think about upgrading the WLC software again due to the initial incorrect configuration being pushed to the device. But setting a different native VLAN (17) on the port than the native VLAN (1) on the AP fixed the connection issue. WEIRD!