Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

LDAP on 4400 setup troubles

I want to setup a WLAN to authenticate through LDAP. I'm running 4.1.171.0 on the controller.

I setup the LDAP server (it pings, and believe base DN etc. is correct). I put LDAP first in the Auth Priority. I then setup a WLAN to have the LDAP server in the Security->AAA Servers list. Checked the 'Local EAP Authentication' and picked a Local EAP profile. My local EAP profile has EAP-FAST, EAP-TLS, Local Certificate, Client Certificate - all checked. The Issuer I kept Cisco.

That is all I see in the Configuration Guide for release 4.1 and I'm confused about the next step. How do I actually use LDAP? Following the above steps, I still have an unsecure WLAN that I can connect to without authenticating. I know it does not yet work for the Web Authentication. Do I (can I) use 802.1X? I am guessing that I need to turn on a Layer 2 or 3 security, but I'm at a loss.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Pat

• Security and Network Management
1 REPLY
Silver

Re: LDAP on 4400 setup troubles

When you create a new WLAN, 802.1x is the default Layer 2 security mechanism. This setting forces a wireless client to first successfully authenticate by EAP before getting network access.

Views
Helpful
Replies
This widget could not be displayed.