Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LEAP/ACS configuration [027] Session-Timeout

PROBLEM/QUESTION

Users are currently authenticated by an ACS server when remotely accessing the network through a VPN. So their user accounts have been created and there is currently no value for [027]Session-Timeout RADIUS attribute.

What will happen if I modify the [027]Session-Timeout RADIUS attribute for LEAP? Will the user's VPN sessions timeout?

Basically, I want the same user to be able to be authenticated when remotely accessing the network (without their session timing out) and use LEAP for wireless authentication.

Is there a way to do this? How is this normally setup?

Thanks,

Charlie

2 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Re: LEAP/ACS configuration [027] Session-Timeout

Changing {027]Session-Timeout on RADIUS will not effect VPN sessions. VPN session will not timeout based on that value.

It is used to set a timeout value for the session-based WEP key. When the timeout value elapses, the server issues a new dynamic WEP key for authenticated client devices. Here is the link which discuss that

http://cco/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch4.htm#xtocid18

Thanks..Tejal

Re: LEAP/ACS configuration [027] Session-Timeout

I tried the link that you posted but it did not work. So changing the [027] Session-Timeout attribute on RADIUS will not affect VPN users. If this is correct than I can just change the attribute for all users.

If you post the working link I would really appreciate it. This is a production system so I can't risk changing the parameter without documented proof.

Thanks,

Charlie

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content