Views
Helpful
Replies

Leap authentication and windows Logon

tarun.pahuja
Level 1
Level 1

Folks,

Is it possible to login only one into windows and not login to the leap client, assuming that you are using ACS whihc is point LEAP credidentails to the WINDOWS domain controller so same password and username. Users in my company do not want to logon twice (windows and leap client) with the same credidentails.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

travis-dennis_2
Level 7
Level 7

If you mean you want to still use LEAP but only want the users to have to log into WIndows to do so then the anser is yes. You just need to configure this on the ACU application. Under the profile go to Edit,Network Security. Make sure that you have LEAP selected. Click the configure button. Select Use WIndows Logon User Name and Password. That should do it. Take a look at the screen shot. Please be aware that the authenticatio will appear to be hung on the finding a Domain Controller section. Just give it about a minute or so to complete. Cisco is working on fixing this. Usually if you hit cancel once it gets to that point it still authenticates you and takes you onto your desktop.

Please remember to rate all replies.

If I'm using centrino notebook, any way to logon domain first with ACS point external DB to AD?

Hello, It seems you have successfully configured Aironet to work with LEAP. I've got a problem with that - I have 2 VLANs, and users have to authenticate in one of them using local AP RADIUS server. Do you have a working configuration that supports this design? I can't get this config working.

Maciej

Hi, it seems you may be able to help, i use an Ap1200g and non cisco hp b laptops, useing EAP, i will lose the connection on some of my cleients randomly saying

Interface Dot11Radio0, Deauthenticating Station (MAC) Reason: Previous authentication no longer valid

after which unless i reboot the laptop i can not reconnect

If anyone can help

Thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card