cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LEAP protocol for ipaq 5450

peterwk99
Level 1
Level 1

Our facility is using LEAP protocol for WLAN. I would like to use my new ipaq 5450 with buildin WLAN to access. Has anyone tried LEAP with a pocket pc? Anyone know if CISCO has a driver for ipaq 5450 for LEAP?

6 Replies 6

bblaze1
Level 1
Level 1

If you have an aironet card just get the drivers from cco and it gives you the LEAP option. You will have to enable WEP and LEAP in the cisco utility on your ipaq

It has a buildin wireless card!

Oops. Sorry I have a 3870. With a aironet pcmcia card. There are very few companies that support LEAP's proprietary protocol. Some companies are licensing it with cisco. I am facing the same challenge with these built in WLAN (True Moble) cards from Dell. Unless its an aironet cards or a intel2100(newly licensed from cisco) LEAP functionality is probably going to be next to impossible. at least for now

Not applicable

Peter,

I have the same ipaq 5450 and wanted to know if you succeeded in using LEAP to your AP's. The new ROM for the ipaq has built in support for LEAP but when I choose this option on my ipaq it just won't associate to the AP, any ideas?

I was able to connect to the router but not able to connect to the network as additional security (CISCO) is being used.

I too have a 5450 I am trying to connect. When I try, the log shows an "Unsupported Authentication Algorithm" error. Any ideas?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card