cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LEAP support in Aironet 340 Bridge

googliano
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. Can anyone tell me if a Cisco Aironet 340 Bridge (BR342) acting as an access point will support LEAP. Does the client have to support it? Or does the access point have to support it? Or both? If Windows XP supports it, does a 340 client adapter have to support LEAP?

Thanks so much.

5 Replies 5

ED CARMODY
Level 4
Level 4

Yes, with the proper firmware update.

Yes. You need an all-Cisco hardware environment to do LEAP, with some excpetions, such as Apple, who licensed LEAP from Cisco.

Yes, both.

Windows XP does NOT support LEAP natively, you need the Cisco client.

I don't see anywhere in the 340 Bridge showing anything about LEAP. I see examples on Cisco's website showing screenshots showing where to put IP address for a RADIUS server and different things about LEAP. I have the lastest firmware installed.

Are you talking about the 340 bridge or the 340 access point.

If you mean the access point try version 12.00.T for the access point and use ACU version V5.05.

Ignore that last message.

I should have listened to my mother when she told me to read all the exam paper before answering any questions!!!

Here is the good webpage which discuss step-by-step procedure to configure LEAP on cleint side and also towards AP and ACS..

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/cc/pd/witc/ao1200ap/prodlit/wrsec_an.htm

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card