cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LEAP

m.sir
Level 7
Level 7

Is there any list wireless cards which are able to use LEAP????

Is always necessary to use ACU when i want to use LEAP????

THX

4 Replies 4

mlambe
Level 1
Level 1

You can just install the aironet drivers from the aironet client install (option is available when you install). This will work with CCX compliant (or aironet extensions) cards. Check if your non-Cisco cards are and this will let you use LEAP with non-Cisco cards as long as they are CCX compliant.

does it matter which version of CCX compliancy they are? Are you saying that any card which supports CCX can use the aironet drivers and work?

I really don't think you can use the ACU on a non-Aironet CCX card. I wish it were the case. I tried it with Dell Trumobile 1300 cards and it did not work.

I used their built-in LEAP client but was horrible (and still is). I opened a case with Cisco and they indicated that the intention of CCX was to support CKIP & WDS but not necessarily be compatible with the ACU.

I had also tried using the ACU for TM1300. FYI on your issues with leap issues with TM1300. Dell is on verge of release new driver to address many of the LEAP issues (among others) in next week or so. I'm waiting to see if it gets any better!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card