Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Member

License trouble when replace cisco Prime 1.3 with version 2.1

Hi,

problem with license migration from PI1.3 to PI2.1.

In my PI 1.3 system I do have 2 license files only AP lifecycle, no extra base license file.

As I migrated to PI2.1 there is maybe a need for a base license, because the PI system now has a warning: "Base license is missing"

Unfortunately I only received 2 lifecycle *.lic files.

Is the base license also installed like a lifecycle license, via a license file?

Why the PI1.3 system worked without an extra base license file?

Maybe due to a former migration from old WCS with an add of 25 AP license file that included the base license in the 25 AP feature license?

Thank's for any suggestions.

Alois

Everyone's tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I had similar problems with

I had similar problems with the upgrade. The solution was to manually delete the old NCS/WCS licenses in the /opt/CSCOncs/licenses. After that it correctly accepted my new PI licenses. Please make a backup first.

6 REPLIES

That is entirely possible.

That is entirely possible. You'll need to contact Cisco Licensing and get them to cut you a new license that includes the Base.

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

Hi Steve,thank's for the

Hi Steve,

thank's for the feedback.

Now I received and uploaded a base license file.

The base file does not appear in the PI license file section, but the system license status is licenced now.

Unfortunately no feature license file gehts uploaded into the PI.

Still running PI in unlicensed state for those accesspoint count greater then 100. I wonder the 100AP are included in base license, I had extra license file for the first 100 AP and also an extra license file for the 

rest of my APs.

Best regards

Alois

you would have wanted to give

you would have wanted to give the Licensing eng all the PAC so they could get the license bundled in properly. You may be able to use the portal to link the remaining PAC/Licsense.

http://www.cisco.com/go/license

HTH,

Steve

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered
Community Member

Hi Steve,The license portal

Hi Steve,

The license portal did not work when when I migrated from WCS to NCS. About 2 years ago I lost all my registered PAK + licenses + Order ID's within the portal.

So anyway, now I sent the PAK numbers I found to the licensing team. I extracted them from my old license files.
The license files are all in the PI directory /opt/CSCOncs/licenses

Also the old WCS and for the old NCS license are still there. And now I can find the license files for the new PI 2.1 in that directory.

Why are also the new license files in this directory, but did not appear on the PI license file section of the Web-GUI?

Is there anything I can check on the PI system to find the error e.g. logfiles ?

Best regards

Alois

I had similar problems with

I had similar problems with the upgrade. The solution was to manually delete the old NCS/WCS licenses in the /opt/CSCOncs/licenses. After that it correctly accepted my new PI licenses. Please make a backup first.

Community Member

Great, thank's a lot.That was

Great, thank's a lot.

That was the solution.

I deleted all the *.lic files from the  /opt/CSCOncs/licenses.

Then I installed my 2 license files and proved the solution via system reload for persistence.

I am just wondering, because of there is no extra license file for the base license. It seems the base license is included in the first lifecycle license file. Or maybe the first lifecycle file does also license the system for base usage.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease to create content