Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

licensing the MSE (7.4)

Hi All,

I am using Prime 1.3 with MSE for location awareness deployment, I have 300 APs

but only 200 will be  taking part in the location awareness deployment, the rest are in different zones.

Do I need CMX licenses only for 200 APs and apply these to the MSE and 300 lifecycle for  Prime

or do I need CMX licenses for all APs

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: licensing the MSE (7.4)

yes you are correct, refer below the different CMX licenses based on AP numbers

4 REPLIES

It depends. All depends on what you are tracking. If you are just tracking users, the. You just need a base license.

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Hello,

Please check the following cisco link for licensing requirements for MSE 7.4:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/wireless/ps9733/ps9742/data_sheet_c07-473865.html

I know I need the CMX license because of the analytics data, but when its all put together with Prime and WLC

if I have 1 AP does it mean I need the following licenses.

1 x Lifecycle license for prime

1 x AP license for controller

1 x CMX license for MSE

and when maps are created within Prime  are the CMX licenses used only with maps assigned to the MSE

in that way I only have to get the number of CMX licenses that match the number of APs located within the assigned maps.

yes you are correct, refer below the different CMX licenses based on AP numbers

Views
Helpful
Replies