Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Limiting Guest user account Creation functionality on WCS while being authenticated from ACS

As documented, it is possible to authenticate WCS Lobby Admin users from Cisco ACS/AD by configuring the following AV values on ACS for Group

role0=LobbyAmbassador

task0=Configure Guest Users

task1=Lobby Ambassador User references

This works fine, but then i cannot use my template (with provision to create unlimited lifetime users disabled), the question is, if it is possible to send some addtional A-V info from ACS to WCS to disable that option or enable the use of template

Thanks

2 REPLIES

Re: Limiting Guest user account Creation functionality on WCS w

it wouldn't be an AV pair. You would need to create the guest in ACS/AD and then set the time of day. That way ACS sends a reject outside the allowed hours.

But ti clarify, when you use AD credentials via ACS the LA can't use the template in WCS?

Steve

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, Steve ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Limiting Guest user account Creation functionality on WCS while

Sorry for the confusion, Stephen
i am trying to authenticate all the users in AD to login as a LobbyAdmin (could have done via a single WCS user account, but that limits the auditing). and after they login, they can do anything (like creating an unlimited lifetime user).

Trying to find a way where we can impose some Template to all AD-authenticated LobbyAdmins, as we can do for WCS authenticated users..

and i guess as you stated in the last line, probably there is no way. (BTW any idea if that is possible in Cisco NCS Server)

Views
Helpful
Replies