cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Linksys WAP54G connecting to CISCO ACS via LEAP

jazzzz
Level 1
Level 1

I understand that Linksys WAP54G support WPA and 802.1x authentication. Will a cisco compatible client card get connected to the WAP54G via LEAP authentication to a Cisco ACS server ?

Connection scenario:-

Cisco compatible client card <-WPA/LEAP-> WAP54G <-WPA/LEAP-> Cisco ACS3.1

Pls advise if such setting is feasible.

Tks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is really a question for Linksys support. The Cisco wireless BU has no involvement with the Linksy's product line. They operate as a totally separate wholly own subsidiary of Cisco.

As for LEAP, no, to my knowledge the Linksys AP does not support LEAP, which is not tested or part of the WPA certification program. To my knowledge the ONLY APs that support LEAP are Cisco Aironet APs.

If the Linksys supports WPA-Enterprise, then any client that supports WPA-Enterprise should work using EAP-TLS. The Cisco ACS server supports EAP-TLS.

One word of caution. Early CCX cards do not necessarily support WPA. The CCX specification and certification were out before WPA was released. You will need to check with the actual vendor of the card to verify WPA compatibility.;

Also there are two types of WPA. WPA-Personal, which supports only the WPA encryption, and the keys are handles by a Pre-shared Key input system (no radius server) and WPA-Enterprise, which is certified using WPA encryption an 802.1x EAP-TLS radius server (in fact using Microsoft and Funk Software servers). make sure that the Linksys supports WPA-enterprise, or it may not support 802.1x.

Bruce Alexander, Cisco

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

This is really a question for Linksys support. The Cisco wireless BU has no involvement with the Linksy's product line. They operate as a totally separate wholly own subsidiary of Cisco.

As for LEAP, no, to my knowledge the Linksys AP does not support LEAP, which is not tested or part of the WPA certification program. To my knowledge the ONLY APs that support LEAP are Cisco Aironet APs.

If the Linksys supports WPA-Enterprise, then any client that supports WPA-Enterprise should work using EAP-TLS. The Cisco ACS server supports EAP-TLS.

One word of caution. Early CCX cards do not necessarily support WPA. The CCX specification and certification were out before WPA was released. You will need to check with the actual vendor of the card to verify WPA compatibility.;

Also there are two types of WPA. WPA-Personal, which supports only the WPA encryption, and the keys are handles by a Pre-shared Key input system (no radius server) and WPA-Enterprise, which is certified using WPA encryption an 802.1x EAP-TLS radius server (in fact using Microsoft and Funk Software servers). make sure that the Linksys supports WPA-enterprise, or it may not support 802.1x.

Bruce Alexander, Cisco

Tks for the info..Bruce..

I have tried a number of option but the best is mentioned below, I think you must try it, in my case I have configure Linksys Router with Cisco ACS PEAP-MSCHAPv2

you can also make changes in it to make your settings work. Let me know if you still face any problem..

http://ahsantasneem.blogspot.com/2010/10/configuring-cisco-secure-acs-for_5757.html

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card