Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Linux WCS 4.1.83 users radius authentication.

I?m having problems setting up AAA (radius) authentication for Linux WCS 4.1.83 users. I followed the steps bellow, but I haven?t been able to get it going.

Administration -> AAA -> AAA Mode

Here I select radius with fall back to local.

Administration -> AAA -> Radius

Here I add the authentication port, secret key on ASCII and PAP as authentication type.

Administration -> AAA -> Users

Here I add a user, enter password (local) and allocate the user on the admin group.

According to the documentation, this should work, but although we see the requests and replies on the radius server, I?m not able to authenticate on the WCS application. I get the following error:

*** Login failed. Please try again with a valid username and password ***

I know this radius server is configured properly as it is the same server I?m using for my ciscoworks radius authentication.

I?m missing something??? Is WCS expecting some attribute from the radius server???

There is not a lot of detail explanation about this. I guess it should just work.

Thanks for any suggestions.

1 REPLY

Re: Linux WCS 4.1.83 users radius authentication.

I downloaded the logs and found the following error when trying to logon to userid nos:

ssl_access file:

129.128.10.36 - - [26/Jun/2007:15:43:36 -0600] "GET /webacs/auditTrailGeneralAction.do?command=list&isuser=true&name=nos HTTP/1.1" 200 30238

[26/Jun/2007:15:43:36 -0600] 129.128.10.36 TLSv1 RC4-MD5 "GET /webacs/auditTrailGeneralAction.do?command=list&isuser=true&name=nos HTTP/1.1" 30238

ssl_error file:

[Tue Jun 26 15:43:37 2007] [error] [client 129.128.10.36] client denied by server configuration: /opt/WCS4.1/webnms/webacs/Images, referer: https://wcs.srv.ualberta.ca/webacs/auditTrailGeneralAction.do?command=list&isuser=true&name=nos

Does anyone have any idea what this mean???

Thanks for any information.

Jorge Jiles.

Views
Helpful
Replies