cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lobby Ambassader with WiSM

b.tyler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a WiSM module installed in my 6500 managed by WCS. Iwant to get Lobby Ambassader working but I do not see where I can do that with WCS. Do I have to create a Lobby Ambassader on each controller and then create a username/password on each controller for guest access? It does not seem that the controllers share this information.

2 Replies 2

If you are referring to enabling someone to be a Lobby Ambassador:

The WCS interface doesn't have an existing Lobby Ambassador account. You must create an account and give it Guest account creation ability. Once you create the account, log out of WCS as you and log in as the Lobby Ambassador account you created. When you log in as a Lobby Ambassador you are dropped right into that area of WCS. You'll see the Lobby Ambassador Guest Users and then can create Guest Accounts from there.

Alternatively, you can create accounts as Super User if on the WCS interface you select Configure > Controller Templates > Security > Guest Users. Now you can create Guest Users (assuming you've already built the WLAN profile that you want them to be connecting to).

You don't have to create a username/password on each controller because you are using WCS as the Lobby Ambassador interface. So, if want to enable someone as a Lobby Ambassador, you create their account in WCS and they simply point https:// to the address (or DNS name) of your WCS. When they log in with the credentials you gave them (you could also have them authenticating against Radius/TACACS+) they are dropped right into the Guest User account creation area.

Lobby Ambassador is like several other things that can be unclear...by that I mean, when using WCS, the interfaces and the steps you go through to accomplish tasks can be very different then if you were just doing them in a single WLC's interface. I find myself constantly referring to the individual WLC Configuration Guides and the WCS Config Guide simultaneously.

HTH,

-chris

Hi Chris,

Very helpful/detailed answer here! 5 points from this end for sure.

Thanks,

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: