Views
Helpful
Replies

Lobby Ambassador - Automatic deletion from WCS after Expiry or Account

kfarrington
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Guys,

When I create a guest account and the account time expires, the account still remains on the WCS (but not on the controller).

Is this a feature of the WCS or a bug?

If so, can I ask the WCS to automatically remove all guest users accounts from the WCS lobby ambassador either directly after expiry, or say at 00:00 hours every day?

Many thx

Ken

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

sridhar_123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi kfarrington ,

This is new feature in WCS. Not a BUG.

Thanks and Regards

Sridharank

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

gmarogi
Level 5
Level 5

The maximum life time of guest user is 30 days. Account will automatically be deleted after 30 days. Any value over 30 days will be set to the maximum age of 30 days.

Hi there,

Many thx.

The way I understand it, is that yes the user expires, but you still have to clear down the username off the WCS periodically.

Just thought the WCS may be able to do this as the timer expires but had a chat with a few guys at Cisco and is not possible currently.

Cheers

Ken

krengasw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi ken,

when guest user account expires,we need to remove guest user manually from wcs.

It is a feature of wcs.Not a bug.

No,you cannot ask wcs to remove automatically guest user once expired or specific time.it is not implemented to remove automatically or scheduled interval.

Thanks,

Kannan

sridhar_123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi kfarrington ,

This is new feature in WCS. Not a BUG.

Thanks and Regards

Sridharank

Thx Guys

krengasw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Ken,

could you please mark this issue as re-solved so that future readers may benefit from our collective intelligence.

you can expect automatic removal of expired guest account in coming releases of wcs.it is a feature of wcs rather bug as of now.

Thanks,

Kannan

Sure will.

Many thx :))

Good work btw guys. The WLAN stuff is impressive :)

All the best

Ken

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card