Views
Helpful
Replies

Location Appliance not detecting elements after upgrade

pvanvuuren
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

Our loacation appliance had version 2.1.42.0. After upgrading it to version 3.1.36 there are no clients been discovered.

I must admit we don't have read-write access to the WLAN Controller 4400, and read somehwere that ntp plays a big role from AppLoc ver 3.0 upwards in this. The WCS , Location Appliance and the WLC is syncing to the same NTP server.

Some errors I have noticed:

5/15/08 00:12:38 ERROR[locp] [13] Error in ConnectHandler(endPoint) <LocpSessionTarget mode=CLIENT><LocpEndPoint status=HANDSHAKE t

otalBytesSent=19740 totalBytesReceived=16730><LocpEndPoint.Key host=10.1.30.10 port=16113/></LocpEndPoint></LocpSessionTarget>

5/15/08 00:12:38 TRACE[com.aes] [13] [ConnectHandler:handle-09] THROW

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source) at om.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(Unknown Source) at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(Unknown Source) at com.aes.server.locp.transport.IOChannelSecure.doHandshake(Unknown Source) at com.aes.server.locp.transport.LocpTransportService$ConnectHandler.handle(Unknown Source) at com.aes.server.locp.transport.ChannelEventDispatcherImpl$HandlerTask.run(Unknown Source)

The WCS is Version 5.0.56.2 , Type: Base + Location; Licensed APs: 1000.

I have reverted back to the old version and its working fine now. And we have only a few hours of change control to get this upgrade right.

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

1 Reply 1

ericgarnel
Level 7
Level 7

Have you verified that the times are all correct on the devices?

I had an AP issue with time+certificates and even though all my controllers were set to sync to the same ntp server, the times were off. I manually set the times and that fixed it.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card