Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Bronze

Location Appliance not detecting elements after upgrade

Hi

Our loacation appliance had version 2.1.42.0. After upgrading it to version 3.1.36 there are no clients been discovered.

I must admit we don't have read-write access to the WLAN Controller 4400, and read somehwere that ntp plays a big role from AppLoc ver 3.0 upwards in this. The WCS , Location Appliance and the WLC is syncing to the same NTP server.

Some errors I have noticed:

5/15/08 00:12:38 ERROR[locp] [13] Error in ConnectHandler(endPoint) <LocpSessionTarget mode=CLIENT><LocpEndPoint status=HANDSHAKE t

otalBytesSent=19740 totalBytesReceived=16730><LocpEndPoint.Key host=10.1.30.10 port=16113/></LocpEndPoint></LocpSessionTarget>

5/15/08 00:12:38 TRACE[com.aes] [13] [ConnectHandler:handle-09] THROW

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.Alerts.getSSLException(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.fatal(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.recvAlert(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readRecord(Unknown Source) at om.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.readNetRecord(Unknown Source) at com.sun.net.ssl.internal.ssl.SSLEngineImpl.unwrap(Unknown Source) at javax.net.ssl.SSLEngine.unwrap(Unknown Source) at com.aes.server.locp.transport.IOChannelSecure.doHandshake(Unknown Source) at com.aes.server.locp.transport.LocpTransportService$ConnectHandler.handle(Unknown Source) at com.aes.server.locp.transport.ChannelEventDispatcherImpl$HandlerTask.run(Unknown Source)

The WCS is Version 5.0.56.2 , Type: Base + Location; Licensed APs: 1000.

I have reverted back to the old version and its working fine now. And we have only a few hours of change control to get this upgrade right.

Any ideas? Much appreciated.

1 REPLY

Re: Location Appliance not detecting elements after upgrade

Have you verified that the times are all correct on the devices?

I had an AP issue with time+certificates and even though all my controllers were set to sync to the same ntp server, the times were off. I manually set the times and that fixed it.

Views
Helpful
Replies