Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Location of NCS reporting database

On NCS , when you run the client session report you see the client username, IP address, MAC address etc.

Does anyone know which location NCS store that database ?

And how can I forward the reporting info to a database server rather than ncs server?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Cisco Employee

Zappo:

That information is stored in the CLIENTSESSION table in NCS' Oracle database, after being polled from the wireless LAN controller periodically.  Unfortunately, the Oracle database is not directly accessible, and NCS does not have an API for third parties to interact with like Prime Infrastructure does. 

Since the information is gathered by NCS polling the controller, it's not possible for NCS to ask the controller to send the poll responses to another database server;  that third party server is certainly welcome to ask the controller whatever it would like to. 

The client sessions report can be downloaded from NCS as a .csv file;  what one does with that .csv file with regards to having it imported into another database product--Cisco has no control over that.

3 REPLIES
Cisco Employee

Zappo:

That information is stored in the CLIENTSESSION table in NCS' Oracle database, after being polled from the wireless LAN controller periodically.  Unfortunately, the Oracle database is not directly accessible, and NCS does not have an API for third parties to interact with like Prime Infrastructure does. 

Since the information is gathered by NCS polling the controller, it's not possible for NCS to ask the controller to send the poll responses to another database server;  that third party server is certainly welcome to ask the controller whatever it would like to. 

The client sessions report can be downloaded from NCS as a .csv file;  what one does with that .csv file with regards to having it imported into another database product--Cisco has no control over that.

Re: Location of NCS reporting database

Thank you Rollin

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Re: Location of NCS reporting database

Hi Rollin,

Can you please tell me where I can locate the information which is collected by the MSE regarding Map Location/Client MAC address XY on Map, Interferer XY on Map etc. In NCS/PI there is also a location history which I have not been able to locate in the Database anywhere.

There is a view called "CLIENTSESSIONS" which contains enough info to trace to a floor and I could come up with an area based on the RSSI value and AP MAC but it would only get me "close", not entirely accurate. I'm trying to figure out how NCS/PI does it.

Thanks,

Chad

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content