cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lookup program for MAC addresses of 1100 series AP

Jerry Heath
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to start with a LAN MAC address for a Cisco 1100 Series AP and look up the corresponding wireless MAC address and vice-versa?  What I am looking for is either a cross-reference table or a lookup program where one of the MAC addresses would be entered and the other would then be displayed.  The two MAC addresses for the 1100 series AP's are completely unique, they are not simply one digit apart.

2 Replies 2

Dennis Kline
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to see something like that as well.  It really is cumbersome to have 2 different MACs.  I'll give the other vendors credit for going with the "one digit differential".  Makes it a LOT easier.

.....dennis.kline@yahoo.com...(It takes an Act of God to fade a wireless path, but any fool with a backhoe can cut fiber)

Amjad Abdullah
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jerry:

That unfortunately can not be done. When the AP is manufactured there is no relation between the radio mac and the ethernet mac addresses.

You want to say "Thank you"? Don't. Just rate the useful answers, that is more useful than "Thank you".

Rating useful replies is more useful than saying "Thank you"
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card