Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

lwapp converted ap's

hello experts...

scenario/setup:

1240 lap's are already deployed and working. we, then, converted the 1230 ap's to lightweight with ios c1200-k9w7-mx.123-4.JA. we've upgraded the 1230 ap to c1200-k9w7-tar.123-8.JA.tar since the upgrade document recomms 12.3(7) or later. the 1230 ap can reach the target controller.

results:

upgrade was successful but registration to WLC failed. the MAC address of the converted AP was added to the WLC with its corresponding SSC hash key. I debbuged the 1230 ap and found two repeated messages...

"Could not find the MWAR" and "- gateway found".

what did we miss doing and what did we do wrong?

i tried to check the controller with debug pm pki command, but the HASH key didn't appear. only the above mentioned messages kept rolling up the screen.

thanks for any help!

4 Replies 4

Richard Atkin
Level 4
Level 4

"Could not find MWAR" normally means the AP can't contact the controller.

Have you double checked that the AP is receiving a valid DHCP lease / static IP settings are correct?

If these are correct, you could manually provision the AP to avoid any mis-configuration of your AP Provisioning methods (what ever they be). This can be done manually over a Serial Console connection;

lwapp ap controller ip address <>

Hope this helps,

Richard.

Tnx for the reply...

Yes, the AP is receiving a valid IP address. i can even ping it from another pc on the network.

Yes, i can see that the ap is pointing to the targeted controller. via 'show lwap ap ip config'

Actually, in the upgrade tool, i've included the ip of the controller to where it should register. incidentally, after the upgrade, when i checked the WLC, the mac address was automatically added along with the SSC hash key on the specified WLC.

cont'd...

still the AP is unable to register to the target WLC.

I the same problem and found this document (http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk722/tk809/technologies_tech_note09186a008072d9a1.shtml) very helpful.

What fixed my problem was to put the management and AP manager interfaces on a tagged vlan. I could not get the APs to register when the controller and AP were on the native untagged vlan.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: