Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Address Authentication

edwin.sanjoto
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I just want to know. Can I use the MAC Address Authentication without RADIUS server to join the SSID in my Aironet 1242?

I am using Autonomous mode.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards,

Edwin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rnlaberge
Level 1
Level 1

Edwin,

Yes I believe you can.

I am not familar with all the methods available, but I have used these methods in the past.

1. This method applies the MAC address filtering globally across all dot11 interfaces on the device.

dot11 association mac-list 700

access-list 700 permit mac.address address.mask

2. This method applies the MAC address filtering on a per interface basis, and requires bridging.

interface Dot11Radio0.x

bridge-group x input-address-list 700

3. MAC Address Authentication to the Network - This method is best described in the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/wireless/software/guide/SecurityAuthenticationTypes.html#wp1034875

Method #3 may not be supported in certain IOS versions on certain platforms.

Others may know of additional methods, and/or correct any errors In the information I have presented here.

Hope this may be of help to you.

regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rnlaberge
Level 1
Level 1

Edwin,

Yes I believe you can.

I am not familar with all the methods available, but I have used these methods in the past.

1. This method applies the MAC address filtering globally across all dot11 interfaces on the device.

dot11 association mac-list 700

2. This method applies the MAC address filtering on a per interface basis, and requires bridging.

interface Dot11Radio0.x

bridge-group x input-address-list 700

3. MAC Address Authentication to the Network - This method is best described in the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/wireless/software/guide/SecurityAuthenticationTypes.html#wp1034875

Method #3 may not be supported in certain IOS versions on certain platforms.

Others may know of additional methods, and/or correct any errors In the information I have presented here.

Hope this may be of help to you.

regards

Dear nlaberge,

I have used your method number 1 and it works.

Thanks for your explanation.

Regards,

Edwin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card