Views
Helpful
Replies

MAC Address Authentication

edwin.sanjoto
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I just want to know. Can I use the MAC Address Authentication without RADIUS server to join the SSID in my Aironet 1242?

I am using Autonomous mode.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Regards,

Edwin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

rnlaberge
Level 1
Level 1

Edwin,

Yes I believe you can.

I am not familar with all the methods available, but I have used these methods in the past.

1. This method applies the MAC address filtering globally across all dot11 interfaces on the device.

dot11 association mac-list 700

access-list 700 permit mac.address address.mask

2. This method applies the MAC address filtering on a per interface basis, and requires bridging.

interface Dot11Radio0.x

bridge-group x input-address-list 700

3. MAC Address Authentication to the Network - This method is best described in the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/wireless/software/guide/SecurityAuthenticationTypes.html#wp1034875

Method #3 may not be supported in certain IOS versions on certain platforms.

Others may know of additional methods, and/or correct any errors In the information I have presented here.

Hope this may be of help to you.

regards

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

rnlaberge
Level 1
Level 1

Edwin,

Yes I believe you can.

I am not familar with all the methods available, but I have used these methods in the past.

1. This method applies the MAC address filtering globally across all dot11 interfaces on the device.

dot11 association mac-list 700

2. This method applies the MAC address filtering on a per interface basis, and requires bridging.

interface Dot11Radio0.x

bridge-group x input-address-list 700

3. MAC Address Authentication to the Network - This method is best described in the following document.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/access/wireless/software/guide/SecurityAuthenticationTypes.html#wp1034875

Method #3 may not be supported in certain IOS versions on certain platforms.

Others may know of additional methods, and/or correct any errors In the information I have presented here.

Hope this may be of help to you.

regards

Dear nlaberge,

I have used your method number 1 and it works.

Thanks for your explanation.

Regards,

Edwin

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card