Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MAC configuration

Hi, if I want an EAP and MAC authenticacion with WDS, does the MAC have to be configured in the same server as the EAP authenticacion?? I configured the MAC locally in each AP and it doesn´t work, and I´ll prefer that. How can I do it??

Please, someone can help me??

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MAC configuration

Hi,

You can follow the configuration guide in the following url on how to implement MAC & EAP authentication.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a00805e7a13.shtml

My assumption is that your APs are running on IOS, and since you want to enable both EAP & MAC, pls select the 'MAC authentication with EAP', and specify the same AAA server for EAP and MAC authentication server.

Pls enable the following:

a. Security - Encryption Manager - WEP Encryption - Mandatory. -->

*choose 'optional' if you want enable MAC auth, but if client uses EAP, then EAP will be choosen as authentication method.

b. Security - SSID Manager - Authentication Settings - Methods Accepted : (choose):

- Open Authentication: with MAC Authentication or EAP

- Network EAP :

c. Security - Advanced Security - MAC Addresses Authenticated by: Authentication Server

Follow the rest of the configuration guide as stated in the doc.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

AK

2 REPLIES

Hi,

You can follow the configuration guide in the following url on how to implement MAC & EAP authentication.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_configuration_example09186a00805e7a13.shtml

My assumption is that your APs are running on IOS, and since you want to enable both EAP & MAC, pls select the 'MAC authentication with EAP', and specify the same AAA server for EAP and MAC authentication server.

Pls enable the following:

a. Security - Encryption Manager - WEP Encryption - Mandatory. -->

*choose 'optional' if you want enable MAC auth, but if client uses EAP, then EAP will be choosen as authentication method.

b. Security - SSID Manager - Authentication Settings - Methods Accepted : (choose):

- Open Authentication: with MAC Authentication or EAP

- Network EAP :

c. Security - Advanced Security - MAC Addresses Authenticated by: Authentication Server

Follow the rest of the configuration guide as stated in the doc.

Hope this helps.

Rgds,

AK

AK, that´s a good idea, let my try again but maybe that´s what I was missing. Thanks

Views
Helpful
Replies