Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MAC validation over RADIUS on Repeater

Hello,

I've deployed a WLAN using a root AP and some Repeaters (AP352). I've configured the the Ciscos to validate clients by MAC address, using a RADIUS. Is there any way to centralize authentication in the root AP. Now, I have to configure my radius with all the Repetaters as NAS, If I coulkd make the root AP to authenticate every client trying to access the network It would simplify RADIUS configuration

RADIUS <====> Root AP <======> Repeater AP <===== Client

Thanks in advance

1 REPLY
Silver

Re: MAC validation over RADIUS on Repeater

The Radius Server itself is called centalized authentication facilityand the purpose of radius is to provide an authentication facility that involves less confusion. You can configure the Root AP with a local MAC list of devices that may associate, and with a static WEP key.

This is how it works:

The access point receives the authentication request and checks the local database of users to verify that the request is accompanied by a valid user name and password.If the user is not found on the local list, or if local authentication fails (User found, but incorrect password), the access point determines if a remote authentication server has been configured to handle authentication requests.

Check this out:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/wireless/airo_350/accsspts/ap350scg/ap350ch8.htm#1076671

Views
Helpful
Replies