Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

Management Frame Protection

Should I set MFP to required on my WLANs and under the AP authentication within Wireless Protection Policies on my WLC?

Currently running 7.3.112.0 but will shortly be upgrading to 7.4.110.0.

Will it cause any client issues?

2 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: Management Frame Protection

I would keep client MFP "disabled" or "optional" under WLANs advanced settings.

Infrastructure MFP you can keep enabled by either selecting "AP authentication" or "Management Frame Protection" if you really require to provide security for infrastructure management frames.

This describe client MFP issues with windows 8 environment. Read this & see if it relates to your environment

http://blogs.cisco.com/wireless/get-your-wi-fi-network-ready-for-windows-8/

HTH

Rasika

Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: Management Frame Protection

I agree with Rasika.... This is something like all or none. If all your devices can't support it, then why do it as it will break things. Also if you don't run it in all your SSID's, why do it just for one. It goes back to, would a person who wanted to access your network, try to access it from a more secure SSID or a lesser secure SSID. Of course it's the lesser. Vendors have features and they have to follow with certain technologies, but as we know, not all vendors devices work well with these new/old features and device manufactures don't always have to follow specifics.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Views
Helpful
Replies