cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

management user source sequence

choclateer
Level 1
Level 1

WLC management users can be authenticated locally or RADIUS or TACACS. What is the order of lookup? If I specify RADIUS and local database does the WLC check both databases for a successful authentication?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

@choclateer

You can actually define this order on the SECURITY Tab, under Priority Order > Management User

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

Divya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes, if the Management priority order is set to Radius and then local database. The WLC first looks at the Radius to validate the user. If the user does not exists on Radius, then it looks at the local database.

If both of the Radius & local have the same user with different privileges, then the WLC will consider the local privilege as this has more precedence.

Regards,

Divya

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@choclateer

You can actually define this order on the SECURITY Tab, under Priority Order > Management User

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Divya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Yes, if the Management priority order is set to Radius and then local database. The WLC first looks at the Radius to validate the user. If the user does not exists on Radius, then it looks at the local database.

If both of the Radius & local have the same user with different privileges, then the WLC will consider the local privilege as this has more precedence.

Regards,

Divya

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card