Views
Helpful
Replies

Max concurrent logins

juan_cye_ccna
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i need that wlc lets only one session login for user, it means if someone use auth data, user: john, password: cisco123 and another person knows this same information, the wlc doesn´t let that he or she is connect to network because it there is already a "right" user logged in. This works fine if i configure one SSID with web authentication, but i haven´t made it when i configure SSID with wpa2 (enterprise) + 802.1x (RADIUS). Can i reach this?

Thanks.

5 Replies 5

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

On the wlc security tab there is a login policy for concurrent login. You can set that to 1.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott,

thanks for your response.

how i have said it, "max concurrent logins" set to "1" works fine in SSID with web auth but this doesn´t work it other user are connected through SSID with WPA2 + 802.1X (RADIUS + Active directory).

I think that with web auth ( wlc local net users), wlc has a control to users who have got access, but when auth is done through AD the wlc doesn´t and of course in this SSID configuration i couldn´t make my objective to limit user logins. Am i right?

Well if that doesn't work, the only way is on the radius server you are using.  I know that Cisco ACS has a concurrent login you can set.  I don't think IAS or NPS does.

-Scott

Scott,

thanks for your help. I think the same. I asked to administrator that he reviews ACS configuration.

The only thing is... If the wrong person logins first, the person who actually needs to login will not gain access.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card