cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MFP Anomaly Detected - WLC-4402-25-K9 - 5.0.148.0

trond1endr
Level 1
Level 1

From time to time I see messages like the one below in the Trap logs of a WLC-4402-25-K9 running 5.0.148.0:

MFP Anomaly Detected - 1 Invalid MIC event(s) found as violated by the radio <offending-MAC> and detected by the dot11 interface at slot 0 of AP <reporting-MAC> in 300 seconds when observing Deauthentication frames. Client's last source mac <client-MAC>

Is my WLC misconfigured or is this a (known) bug in 5.0.148.0?

Trond.

2 Replies 2

ivillegas
Level 6
Level 6

This message might occur when the access joins another contoller because initially joined controller goes out of service. This is documented in the Bug id: CSCse80121 . As a wordaround disable MFP and reboot the controller.

There are some known issues in this area (mainly cosmetic) but it might also be an indication of an attack. You'd have to track this down with a packet capture to see if this is a false positive or not. From the MIB, the description of the event that triggers this message is:

"bcastDeauthenticationFrameRcvd - The Access Point detected a broadcast deauthentication frame. Broadcast

deauthentication frames are rejected by CCXv5 compliant

devices."

More info in: CISCO-LWAPP-TC-MIB.my

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card