Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

MFP Error reported in WCS

I've searched for the following errors but cant find anything on the MFP Invalid Sequence Number error

I have just enabled Management Frame Protection (MFP) under AP Authentication / Wireless Protection Ploicies.  Since then I have seen the follwoing MFP related errors on WCS.

MFP Anomaly Detected - 11 'Invalid Sequence Number' violation(s) have  originated from the AP with BSS '00:11:20:8e:91:50'.  This was detected  by the radio with Slot ID '0' of the AP with MAC '00:1a:e3:76:fd:50'  when observing 'Deauthentication' frames.

MFP Anomaly Detected - 20 'No MIC' violation(s) have originated from the  AP with BSS '00:26:cb:ac:7e:71'.  This was detected by the radio with  Slot ID '0' of the AP with MAC '00:26:cb:d1:b2:b0' when observing  'Deauthentication' frames.

The WLC's are running 6.0.196.0 and WCS is on 6.0.170.0.

My question is what do these errors refer toand how do I get rid of them??  What caveats are there for impleementing this globally or on a per WLAN basis?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

1 REPLY

MFP Error reported in WCS

Hello,

I have exact the same error message 8 or 10 times per days, but we have MFP enabled on our system from long time and we have WLC Version 7.0.98.0 and WCS 7.0.164.0.

Did you get solutions for that?

Thanks for your help

Views
Helpful
Replies