Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating WCS Data to NCS

Hi,

I've been trying to migrate in my exported data from WCS to NCS as per the release notes but its not working for me.

We generated a licence from the UID and serial number for our VM install of NCS. I see mention of upgrade licenses do i need one of those?

Do I have to import the license separately from  WCS. I thought that the export would include license + data.

I thought this would be straightforward but it doesn't seem that way. Is there anything that I'm leaving out or that i need to do to get this migration work.

Attached output from migration.

All help greatly appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you purchase a WCS to NCS migration license. This allows you to convert your WCS license to be used in NCS.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Did you purchase a WCS to NCS migration license. This allows you to convert your WCS license to be used in NCS.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hi Scott,

It was a licensing issue and we've finally resolved that. So i now have all our AP licenses imported into NCS.

I have run the migration again for the WCS data to be imported and it doesn't seems to have worked or is there something else i've to do. According to the release notes it just tells you to log in after the migration.

Any ideas?

Anthony

=================================

Forgot to get back to you on this one Scott. The license was the main issue afterwards I just had some problems with tftping the data from the WCS to NCS servers. Resolved that then.

Thanks.

Anthony

Do you solve this issue? I have the same problem to migrate wcs data to ncs.

thanks a lot

What issue are you having? What version of WCS and what version of NCS are you migrating to?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

-Scott

WCS version 7.0.220

NCS version 1.1.1.24

I am trying migrate wcs data to ncs. When I tried this migrate, I have this issue:

ERROR: invalid backup file version. Exception: Error while unzipping invalid wcs

When I exported this wcs file, I exported wcs on .nmsbackup, do I need of .zip file? Can I convert this nmsbackup to .zip or do I need export again??

thanks a lot

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to run the export again. After the export, you should have a zip file. That's how you know the export was successful.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

Hi,

Dears please let me know if there is a procedure document on cisoc site which is showing

WCS version 7.0.220 to NCS version 1.2

LMS2/3 to NCS version 1.2

regards

You just need to search for WCS to NCS 1.0 or 1.1 migration. Then another search for NCS 1.1 to Prime Infrastructure 1.2

Here is one link

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/prime_infrastructure/1.2/configuration/guide/tasks.html#wp1215225

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card