Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

Mobility Anchor Problems with Web Auth Guest Access

We're running 4404's and 4402's all on 4.2.207.0 code and all in the same Mobility Group.  I'm trying to designate a single 4404 as our Guest Access Controller to all of the other 4404's and 2's.  I configured it how the document states, and I have an UP UP under the SSID for mobililty anchors.  The SSID's are all setup exactly the same.  If I go to connect to an AP that is anchored back to the Main 4404 for Guest Access, I can seemingly connect but I can not for the life of me get an IP.  There are no firewall's or anything in between.  In fact they're management interfaces are all on the same network. I'm doing this as a test for a seperate network which exhibited the same behaviour.  I thought this would simplify things a bit trying everything locally, but so far not.  Any ideas what would prevent IP?

Update:

I did just see this in my debug of the client connecting:

Tue Dec 22 19:52:29 2009: 00:1b:11:e8:61:24 DHCP received op BOOTREQUEST (1) (len 308, port 29, encap 0xec03)
Tue Dec 22 19:52:29 2009: 00:1b:11:e8:61:24 DHCP dropping packet due to ongoing mobility handshake exchange, (siaddr 0.0.0.0,  mobility state = 'apfMsMmAnchorExportRequested'
Tue Dec 22 19:52:33 2009: 00:1b:11:e8:61:24 DHCP received op BOOTREQUEST (1) (len 308, port 29, encap 0xec03)
Tue Dec 22 19:52:33 2009: 00:1b:11:e8:61:24 DHCP dropping packet due to ongoing mobility handshake exchange, (siaddr 0.0.0.0,  mobility state = 'apfMsMmAnchorExportRequested'
Tue Dec 22 19:52:40 2009: 00:1b:11:e8:61:24 DHCP received op BOOTREQUEST (1) (len 308, port 29, encap 0xec03)
Tue Dec 22 19:52:40 2009: 00:1b:11:e8:61:24 DHCP dropping packet due to ongoing mobility handshake exchange, (siaddr 0.0.0.0,  mobility state = 'apfMsMmAnchorExportRequested'

eping and mping are fine and again everything shows UP UP

4 REPLIES

Re: Mobility Anchor Problems with Web Auth Guest Access

Raun,

This may not be the case with your installation, but a few things I have run into before that drove me crazy were little issues. It is my experience that other than the actual interface the guest SSID's must be exactly the same otherwise you won't get full connectivity even though the mobility groups link.

so what I usually do is on the inside controllers (non-anchor) I set the guest SSID up and set it's interface to be Management, then on the anchor controller I set the interface to whatever the Guest VLAN is. Then go thru and make sure that all of the settings on each tab are exactly the same across all controllers. usually it's something simple like this, that prevents the guest from working right.

Hopefully that helps.

Keep in mind your traffic is destined for the anchor controller. I would check your interface on the guest controller. ALSO your WLAN interface needs to be EXACT on both the anchor and all the other controllers. If one option doesnt match it could cause you issues... I've been burned on the non matching WLANs before.

What are you using for a DHCP server?

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________

Thanks for your reply guys.  I ended up finding my problem with this.   I did not have the Anchor Controler's

SSID anchored to it's self.  Sounds odd to me, but that's what it needed. Will be trying it in a live environment soon, but need to down grade a controller first for version matching.

Thanks again,

Raun

Cool ... although best pratice to keep the code the same on the controller and anchor controller. But not

a requirement for the anchor controller. You can have different code version on the anchor from your other controllers. I have 4.2.0.207 with 6.0.188.0 and have no issues.

__________________________________________________________________________________________ "Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin ___________________________________________________________
Views
Helpful
Replies