Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. If you'd prefer to explore, try our test area to get started. And see here for current known issues.

MSE 3310 unreachable from NCS PI

MSE3310 has been up and running almost a year now and talking to the NCS Prime Infrastructure server with no problem.  This morning arrived and checked the wireless via NCS Prime and now it shows the MSE as unreachable.  The MSE and the Prime servers are both virtual and on the same network.  I am able to ping to and from the MSE and Prime cli's with no problem.  I have tried reboots and restarting the MSE services with no luck.  Waiting on response from TAC, but was hoping somebody else had experienced this issue.  Thanks for any info.

6 REPLIES
VIP Purple

Re: MSE 3310 unreachable from NCS PI

Please provide the info :

Version of PI and MSE ?

Compatibilty Matrix

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5500/tech_notes/Wireless_Software_Compatibility_Matrix.html

Rgeards

MSE 7.3.101.0

NCS PI 1.3.0.20

This has been working since February 2013

VIP Purple

As per Matrix these version are compatiable:

If the MSE is unreachable from NCS make sure the service is running using one or all of these:

[root@MSE /]# /opt/mse/setup/msed status

[root@MSE /]# /opt/mse/setup/msed start

[root@MSE /]# /opt/mse/setup/msed restart

Regards

Cisco Employee

junior,

just checking to see if they got you going yet?

if not, let me know.

thanks, rob

Hi Rob, not yet due to the fact yesterday was a holiday for us.  Engineer requested log files which I just uploaded to Cisco TAC site.  Hope to have resolution sometimes today.  Thanks for the follow up.

Cisco Employee

trying to email you now....

Views
Helpful
Replies