Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NAM and Windows Wireless

I have a Windows machine that currently has Anyconnect NAM 3.1 installed.  I understand that a local service is installed and essentially disables anything that Windows has to do with WiFi.  I have some software installed that gives me the option of connecting to a WiFi network before the Windows logon actually takes place.  This software launches a prelogon GUI that allows me to connect to any WiFi network in range.  This software's wifi connection is obviously blocked with AnyConnect NAM installed. 

In a nutshell,  I have a piece of software that launches it's own WiFi GUI to connect to a network via Windows.  AnyConnect NAM disables the Windows WiFi capabilities.  Is there anyway in the NAM configuration to allow exceptions for a certain piece of software or maybe an account to connect to a WiFi network via Windows? 

Thanks.

2 REPLIES

Disable the native 802.1x

Disable the native 802.1x service on the client since NAM is already used

The software I mentioned

The software I mentioned above has to use the Windows wireless supplicant.  The software uses a local Windows account to launch a Wi-Fi GUI that hooks into the Windows wireless supplicant.  Is there anything I can do with the config file that will allow me to connect to a Wireless network through Windows for this one account?

Thanks.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content