Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NCS 1.1.0.58

I am using the ncs 1.1.0.58 along with mse 3300 and google chrome 12.0.742.100. That is what the cisco docs tell me to use for web browser. So here is what I do:

1. Click on Monitor
  2. RFID Tags
  3. Total Tags - One tag - I click on the number 1
  4. Tag mac address, vendor, etc show up on screen.
  5. I click on the mac address and get a blank screen. I stop/start ncs, I reboot ncs but these are temporary fixes. The same problem will occur very soon.

Has anybody seen this behavior? Anybody have a solution. I have two weeks until the big demo for RTLS!!! TIA

Everyone's tags (1)
6 REPLIES
Hall of Fame Super Silver

Re: NCS 1.1.0.58

Is your NCS a VM or an appliance. If its a VM, does it meet the required specifications and did you use the small, medium or large ova?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

NCS 1.1.0.58

Thanks for your reply.  My NCS is a virtual appliance and I used the small ova.  I'm certain I met the required specs.

There are issues with the small ova and it is recommended to use the medium or large. You do need to keep the specs for the HD an memory though.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott

If I understand you correctly, you suggest installing the med or large ova but use the specs for the small ova?

If you install the medium or large, you need to follow the specs for the hard drive and memory of the ova you installed. The processor you can adjust. What I was told from the BU is that the hard drive size is due to te database size that is built in each size ova. It is recommended to use the memory for the specified ova you install. Now if you reduce the amount of memory, it will work, but will be very slow.

-Scott

NCS 1.1.0.58

Thank you for your information.  I have opened a TAC for further instructions.

Views
Helpful
Replies