Cisco Support Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements

Welcome to Cisco Support Community. We would love to have your feedback.

For an introduction to the new site, click here. And see here for current known issues.

NCS client reports

We've been running on our new NCS about a month now.

Today we realized that any client reports we run don't show any data later than April 6th.

This feels llike a log file that  has filled up or logging has stopped working correctly.

I realize you can adjust the number and size of log files but without knowing how much space our current log files are taking up or how the log files are managed (does the oldest log file just get dumped when disk space is running short? or..?)  I'm hesistant to mess with those settings.

I've not had a lot of luck finding any detailed information on how the local log files work; anyone have any expertise to add?

thanks,

Lynne

7 REPLIES

NCS client reports

Update:

We reloaded the NCS and now client reporting is showing us current data as well as the data from April 6th and before.

So we've lost the client date from 4/7/12 to 4/17/12.

Something to keep an eye on; we'll post here if we determine the cause.

Lynne

NCS client reports

What version NCS are you running? I went from the 1.0 to the 1.1.0.58 and the client reports quit working. I can restart the NCS, the reports will work but then they quit working at 11:59 PM every time. Not sure if that is the same problem you are experiencing.

NCS client reports

I think we have the same issue. If you go to Administration > Background Tasks, do the Client Status tasks in the Other Background Tasks list show status Failure? If you click on them, do they indicate a Java NullPointerException? Assuming so, it sounds like it's a bug...

NCS client reports

Yea that's what I'm seeing. Lightweight & autonomous client status both report failure.

NCS client reports

Anyone having this issue, open a TAC case. They just gave me a patch for it. Installed it and it seemed to have fixed the issue.

NCS client reports

Suspect it's not worth paying for SMARTnet just to get this one fix   Shame it's not public! Don't suppose they gave you any idea when the next release incorporating the fix will be released?

NCS client reports

No info/timeline on the next release.

Views
Helpful
Replies
CreatePlease login to create content